Well, here I am celebrating 8 years of my beautiful amazing business that I love so much.
The last year has been challenging to say the least (as it has for all of us!) and this is not yet the end, but I am still looking ahead to better times.
I have been fortunate enough over the past year to have been able to work a bit in between the lockdowns and capture some beautiful memories for many of you. I would like to thank each and every one of you who have booked me over the past 8 years , the last year in particular.
With no work at the moment, what better time to reflect upon the past years and what I have achieved, what has changed, and what I hope will happen in the future.
A little round up of the past 8 years
I could write forever about my business over the past 8 years, and I do easily get carried away as I am so passionate about what I do , so I have decided to stick with a few highlights:
* I launched my family photography business in January 2013. In September 2015 my youngest started school so I was able to take my business to full time.
* In October 2013 I went on my first newborn photography training course, I truly caught the baby photography bug, this was the start of my new found passion which is still going strong today!
*I photographed my last wedding at the end of 2015 and have never ever looked back! Newborn babies and family photography is exactly where I want to be.
*Little packs of love- I spent 2 years with a dozen or so other local baby businesses creating goody bags full of exclusive offers and samples for our clients. Unfortunately this sort of fizzled out but I stil enjoy putting together beautiful little goody packs for my clients now.
* Mothercare expectant parent events - these played a huge part for 3 years of my business. I simply loved meeting so many new parents to be and talking about my newborn photography.
* Expectant and New parent event in the Eco Hub 2019 - I organised and ran my first event in the Dolphin Centre in Poole last October and it went so well that I had planned to do it again in April 2020 but unfortunately like most things, Covid put a stop to that.
* 2020 The year no one will ever forget. Covid put a stop to so many businesses last year and it continues into this year. I did however manage to get myself a plastic free business award which I am particularly proud of, and a page in the Daily Echo about this too. Along with a few other local baby businesses we had planned to do a year long string of Expectant Parent Events at Smyths Toy Superstores but these have been put on hold also.
I also managed to get a beautiful video made in 2020 which I love, even if we are wearing face masks!
Facebook event with lots of giveaways
This year I am celebrating 8 years of Samantha Prewett Photography with a month long Facebook event with lots of competitions, giveways and games, you can join in here:
Samantha Prewett Photography's 8th Birthday Celebrations | Facebook
To celebrate 8 years, I have a fantastic offer on this month for any 2021 session that is booked in January. You can find all of my price lists on the website. This offer is valid for ANY session; Maternity, newborn , baby, first birthday photo sessions, or family.
Please do get in touch if I can help you create some beautiful family memories to cherish this year, I would love to hear from you.